It is however not enough to just be able to master the techniques. Only in combination with a sound judgement is it possible to achieve consistently predictable and high level results.
The Dutch Association for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery was founded in order to channel the growing surgical interest in the face. The association aims to achieve and maintain the highest (inter)national standards in both theory and practice of facial plastic surgery. This is most fittingly demonstrated by the practical state of the art teaching, which is given within these fellowships. Since the start of the fellowships in 2007 the program has evolved into an international structure which meanwhile includes a wide range of experts, locations and countries.
We offer 52 fellowships of 3 months each. Some of these can be extended to a total of 6 months. Please visit our page on practical issues to find out more on who will be eligible for this extension. When selected, fellows are offered a location based on preference, availabilities and visa requirements. Currently the following units have committed to our program:
- Austria, Vienna: Dr. Klepetko, Dr. van der Meulen, Dr. Worseg
- Belgium, Ghent: Dr. Verpaele, Dr. Tonnard
- Germany, Köln: Dr. Richter, Dr. Wagner
- Germany, Stuttgart: Prof. Gubisch, Dr. Haack
- India, Trissur: Dr. Adenwalla, Dr. Narayanan
- Italy, Salo: Dr. Botti
- Iran, Tehran: Dr. Nikoumaram
- Ireland, Dublin: Dr. Murray
- Switzerland, Montreux: Dr. Pfulg, Dr. Lȇ Huu
- The Netherlands, Rotterdam (Aesthetic): Dr. Stevens, Dr. van der Meulen
- The Netherlands, Rotterdam (Reconstructive): Dr. Versnel, Dr. Mureau, Prof. Mathijssen
- Turkey, Istanbul: Dr. Cerkes, Dr. Celik
- United Kingdom, London: Dr. Bulstrode, Prof Dunaway, Dr. Kangesu, Dr. Grobbelaar
Who can apply?
You can apply if you are a resident in the last year of your plastic surgical training program or if you’ve recently finished it (max 2 years ago at the time of start of the fellowship). Please check our who can apply page to find out if you fulfil the criteria.
Every year, many junior doctors from all over the world apply for one of our fellowships. If you are interested, then please make sure to keep the deadlines in mind and to use the proper application forms. You are advised to read the information on the website carefully, in order to get a clear idea and prevent disappointment in the process. For more information on our fellowships, please click here
are supported by: